Sunday, February 10, 2008

What's wrong with the picture?

This scenario is meant for the DEADMAN as he was the only one with me at the time it happened, but anyone is welcomed. The answer is simple yet took me a few days to figure out. We both agreed to laon the oney, but something went wrong in between.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I were taking a trip down Dataran Merdeka towards the Kuala Lumpur Library. The weather was fine, the typical one that makes you all sweaty and think your legs are killing you. As we arrived, we were told that we were only given 2 hours there, so we decided to leave (you see, my fren here wants more study and less packy) and headed back to our usual place - Starbucks in Times Square.

On our journey, we were stopped by an Indian man, who looked desperate. I do not remember what he wore, but I looked into his eyes. There were no red vessels that would signal drug addiction, and his arms were clean as well. He said that he was from Shah Alam, and he needed some money to get back his motorbike from a workshop not far from there. He told us that he did not want to ask others for help, as he feared that people will get the wrong message. He asked us if we worked around the area. We said no, and added that we were students. At this point, he would have just turned away, but he pleaded us to help him. I asked him to show some identification, and he showed us his driving license. I asked him for his name, and he told me it was on the card. He even provided his age. He asked us to help him to settle the repair bill for his bike, which was RM12, a meagre amount if he was going to con anyone. He looked so sincere. After a few passing of questions and answers, which included where he stayed, what he worked as, and how he was going to pay us the money back, I loaned him the RM12, and he asked my number to keep in contact, promising to return the money 3 days from then. We even agreed to meet at the McDonalds just opposite of MYDIN. He never did.

It maybe out of stupidity, but when I see someone in a ditch, I just have a heart to help out. I don't wanna know if it was a crazy thing to do. Now, there was something wrong in the picture, and I hope you have the memory to figure it out.

PS: If you wanna know the details, ask My FREN and I back in class.

2 comments:

ALZBEN said...

Just for the additional information, the kind and divine man that decided to give the stranger the RM12 did so by opening his wallet 1 feet from this stranger. From my point of view, what kind of lame being would do so? I mean risking your wallet to donate... Damn this bogger is strange..

~VanRyuzuki~ said...

Haha you got part of it right. Actually, the answer is simple. I asked him for his name. He told me to LOOK at the driver's license. *boink